Monday, April 22, 2013

Custom R2D2 Beanie

I had another custom order but this time for a R2D2 beanie. My custom orders I actually work off of a picture of what the client has seen and wants so it takes me a little bit longer but this R2D2 one wasn't very difficult to do at all.

DSCF9500 Flat R2D2 beanie

What the beanie looks like lying flat.

DSCF9502 side flap extraDSCF9503 side flap extra   

These are custom extras that I made and attached to the inside of the ear flaps.

Because the beanie is made in double crochet stitch, I had to make a small square using the same colour, then sew on the extras to that square AND THEN sew it onto the inside of the beanie.

DSCF9504 front R2D2 beanie DSCF9505 side of R2D2 beanie

The front and sides of the beanie. I think it looks pretty awesome! I love the front of the beanie and all the separate blue square on the beanie. The front blue square I made apart and sewed on after the beanie was complete.

DSCF9514 top of R2D2 beanie

The top of the beanie. I started out using the royal blue and then moved onto the main colour of R2D2 called snomoon. I changed colours as needed to make the top squares. I think changing colour is my new favourite thing to do in crocheting lol!!!

 

Well what do you think of R2D2?! Cool hey! So proud of it and cannot wait for my client to receive it. If you have a picture of a beanie you ADORE on Pinterest, well then get hold of me and let me make it for you ;)

Don't forget to like the facebook page!!! You can also follow on bloglovin!

Pin It

3 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Love the Police Box Beanie

http://pinterest.com/pin/119838040056097826/

and the one with a beard

http://pinterest.com/pin/25614291600883341/

and my personal favourite

the girraffe beanie

http://pinterest.com/pin/198580664791334462/

and the cupcake beanie

http://pinterest.com/pin/161285230375332052/

vonimoller said...

If you're interested in a custom beanie, you can email me your pictures. Am currently only doing custom work so as to focus a little more on finding a stable job. Not making stock-on-hand anymore

vonimoller said...

I cannot make EVERYTHING under the sun but will try work something out for the client you know.